In a past few years, everything has moved online! And so why should we sit behind? We should also grow our business online. The first thing to do is build a website for your customers.
Well, it is pretty easy to build a website nowadays.
If you build a website for your business, you can reach more customers. Through online services, you can have a huge customer base. This will help you earn not only from the offline store but from customers from across the globe.
#1. Buy a Website Builder
Instead of doing a lot of hard work, do smart work. Buy a website builder for you and let it work for you. They don’t require having a lot of IT knowledge. You don’t need to manage to host or code manually. You just need to invest some bucks to get the builder.
Website builders are the quickest and the easiest way to build a website in less time. There are a lot of website builders such as Wix, Weebly, Jimdo, Squarespace, etc. These builders have built a lot of sites by ordinary users. And so you can be good for this company too 😉
You can get started with website builders in some simple steps:
- Choose your website builder: First of all, look for the site you need to build. According to it get the website builder you need. You can choose from Wix, Weebly, Jimdo, and Squarespace.
- With any of these builders, you don’t need to code. Just use the drag and drop methods. And Voila! Your website will be ready within a while.
- Test your builder: These builders provide free trails. Try those free trials and choose the best services for you. Then you can buy their premium plans and move on.
- Choose the right plan: Choose the cheapest monthly plan, if you want to experiment. Once you are satisfied with the plans you can buy the plans as per the data you upload and traffic you experience.
- Choose your domain: Now get a domain name for your business. I would recommend you to buy it from GoDaddy or Namecheap.
- Pick your template: There are a lot of templates available for a different niche. You can choose the one that suits your business.
- Customize the template: You can tweak your template and make it look as you want it. Add few pages to the menu, edit the images, add color and fonts, etc.
- Preview and test the site: Before you publish your site, preview it. Check if all the buttons are working. Check for grammatical mistakes and spelling mistakes.
- Publish: Once you are satisfied with everything, go ahead and publish your site.
#2. Buy a Web Hosting Plan and Install WordPress
If you were not satisfied with the previous website builders, try building a site with WordPress. WordPress has always been one of the most popular platforms for building websites. Around 55% people rely on WordPress for their sites followed by Joomla (20%).
Here are some simple steps to build a site using WordPress:
- Get a Domain Name and Hosting: First of all buy a domain name and a hosting service.
- Choose the Hosting Plan: Before you buy the hosting service, check out for the plans that suit you the best. You can consider buying Godaddy $1 hosting plan that comes with a free domain name.
- Install WordPress: Follow the steps below to install WordPress on your site.
Steps to Install WordPress:
- Login to your hosting account and navigate to the cPanel.
- Look for the WordPress or the Website icon.
- Choose the domain name where you want to install your site.
- Click on Install Now and you’re done!
Now once, you have completed installing WordPress on your site choose the theme for your site. Choose from millions of themes available for free according to your niche. Then you can customize the site as you like it. There are a lot of plugins and add-ons to help you with customization.